We are delighted to welcome you back to the Alley Theatre. Our Covid protocols have been updated to reflect the relaxations to Covid restrictions and this email contains the latest information that The Alley Theatre will implement to ensure that we can open to full capacity.
Your safety is paramount to The Alley Theatre.
Please read it carefully, and share it with all other members of your party. If you booked tickets on behalf of someone else, please forward this information to them.
Covid safety measures
Your safety is our number one priority, and we have put in place the following measures to reduce the risk of Covid transmission once inside the Theatre:
- The wearing of face coverings is recommended in all parts of the Theatre unless you are eating, drinking, or exempt
- There are hand sanitisers also readily available throughout the building
- To minimise contact between staff and theatregoers, screens are in place at the at the box office counter. Contactless payment is also available in The Alley
The Theatre will be thoroughly cleaned between performances
Food and drink
Drinks and snacks may only be consumed in the bar/cafe area unless the auditorium is cabaret style.
Pre – Order Your Interval Drink
To avoid the interval queue, we would encourage patrons to pre- order their interval drink on arrival. The bar will open 45 minutes before the show start time
To minimise crowding in any part of the Theatre foyer and bar, we ask that theatregoers use the following facilities:
Ticketholders Door A
- Access and exit Door A: Rows A - I via the staircases to ground floor
- Access Door A but exit Door C seats J -Q via staircase to first floor
Ticketholders Door B
- Access and exit Door B Rows A - I via the staircases to ground floor
- Access Door B but exit Door D seats J -Q via staircase to first floor
Toilets are based on the ground floor for male, females and accessibility toilet.
For customers with access requirements, there is a lift next to the disabled/accessible toilet on the ground floor at the cafe area. The Exhibition area will remain open on the first floor and audiences to exit out from Door C and Door D
There is also a loop hearing system in the auditorium (seats in Rows E - K are most suitable) and at the box office. Hearing aids should be set to the 'T' feature.
There are dropped kerbs, level and ramped access from all approaches
We keep our Covid-secure measures under regular review and will update our procedures in line with any new guidance or requirement issued by local or central government.
The Alley Theatre is located close to a number of town centre car parks with the nearest car park across from the entrance at John Wesley Street. Parking is also available at the rear of the building in the Canal Basin. Please note this car park closes at 6pm. Two designated disabled parking spaces are provided opposite the front entrance of the theatre and one to the rear. The nearest bus stop is within a short distance located at Abercorn Square. The main bus station is Located at Bradley Way.